Thursday, November 8, 2012

A moment of happiness for the awesome-sauce things that have happened recently

Okay let's take a second to talk about the election. Who else is completely psyched out of their mind that they didn't have to hand over their lady parts to an old man who looks like he's pooing in nearly every debate? I sure am. I wasn't necessarily raised a democrat but I sure as hell turned out as one. And by the time I was old enough to understand politics my sister in law over at Stupid Stork made it clear that she would disown me if I was a Republican. That sealed the deal. 

Googles homepage for the day. Happy 165th Birthday Bram Stoker!




I re-fell in love with my Dr.martens. I'm not sure if anyone can relate, but I really do not like shoe shopping. My Dr.Martens are the best thing that has happened to my feet. Although I got some blisters at first, now they're comfy as can be. An added bonus, I feel like I could drop kick Arnold Schwarzenegger if he dared to look at me funny. It's a pretty badass feeling. 

Up until this year I felt a little odd like something was missing from my day. It has been fulfilled. This year my school added a film class. This possibly could be the greatest thing my school has ever done, in my opinion. I am a complete film nerd. Even though not everyone else is as filmy (yes- I just made that up and I doubt it's a real word) in that class, I get to see some people transform into film nerds. I've met fucking stellar people in that room and watched movies that were the fucking bomb.com. 

It has occurred to me that I do not know a single person who doesn't like photography or at least looking at photos. VoilĂ ! http://www.flickr.com/photos/ohmyalimarie/

Now go ape shit.



This is Lucky, she's my dog. And yes, for Halloween I shoved her into a banana costume.




Anywhooooo I hope good things are happening to everyone else in the internet world too!

4 comments:

  1. Okay, for the record, I wouldn't disowwwwwwn you, I would just seriously sit you down and ask WHY Ali, WHY.. perhaps under hot lamps.

    LUCKY IS DRESSED AS A BANANA. LUCKY... IS DRESSED.. AS A BANANA. (Clearly your Dad must be holding something wonderful).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our dogs looked fabulous on Halloween. Most likely I will shove her back into this thing when you come to visit, just for shits and giggles.

      Delete
  2. Doc martins. Ah those were the days. I had a black pair and a purple pair when I was your age and I wore them with floral strapped dresses, huge cardigans and floppy nineties hats. Very original 90210.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Docs are wonderrrfulllll. I vote that we wear them until we're 90 years old. They still will look just as rad.

      Delete